What a year 35 has been! So much change, so much adventure, so much fun!
I’m not gonna lie after 260 something days blogging straight I started to lose the passion for sharing the highlights of my days. That said, it’s longer than I’ve ever kept a diary. And, it’s taught me I now have more fun doing stuff off line than I have done in quite some time.
In no particular order, these are just some of the incredible moments of my 35th year:
- Running Paris Marathon with my brother and sister
- Swimming with sharks and without a life jacket in Caye Caulker
- Surviving caving in Belize
- Moving house and living on my own
- Spending five days exploring Copenhagen
- Celebrating Emma and James getting married, finally!
- Running Reading half marathon with my Dad and sister
- Making some amazing new friends near and far
- Battenhall winning loads of awards
- Flying a tiny plane over the Blue Hole in Belize
- My day out with Olivia and Tom
- Learning welsh songs with Kara
- Vlogging daily for BattenVEDA in April and most of August
- Holi Festival with Samira
- Nella’s citizenship weekend in London
- Going to the Circus workshop with Thamy
- Finding my Twinny, Tamsin
- Everything about Flight Club, especially slushies
- Being part of a marketing campaign for the Brain Tumour Charity
- Dancing solo at Sam and Ian’s wedding
- Finding out Nicky was in remission
- Going to Alice in Wonderland in the Vaults
- Battenhall’s team night out at the Three Johns
- The day the ‘websites’ died and we worked 22hours straight as a team to revive them all
- Working with my PT Chloe to get the best arms I’ve ever had
- Hosting the Florette blogger event with The Lean Machines
- Being featured in The Next Web on Peach’s launch day
- Daily WhatsApps with the crazies
- Being arty in Amsterdam
- Notting Hill Carinval with Laura
- Running a 28min 5km after being ill for three days
- Christmas Eve with Emma, And, Cassie and Daniel
- Stumbling upon the Delorean on a run
- Going to Devon with Gemma to do Yoga and buy fresh berries on the way
- Finding out Janette was preggers
- Lunch with Esther being mBrained
And that my friends is just a snapshot!
Will there be a Project 36? Most likely 😊
Paracetamol at 4am the night after your birthday normally suggests that you’ve got a monster hangover from a wild night of celebrating. For me that was not the case. Instead a bought of the common cold has left me was a blocked nose, sore throat and the ability to wake up with a mouth like a desert. But I’m not going to let it get the better of me as I’ve got my birthday lunch tomorrow with some of my loveliest friends.
Yesterday was filled with meetings as expected but also surprises. My team at work treated me to cake, divine chocolates and lots of things with bubbles. In fact one of the little test tubes filled with bubble mixture produces the most insane bubbles that you could catch without popping! Check out my Instagram feed to the see evidence!
My next surprise was waiting for me when I got home. A package from Amazon sent from Ireland by my lovely friend Melissa, containing a little tin of my favourite Matcha tea! Happy days.
And finally my last little treat for the day was a long overdue catch up on the phone with my little brother. Together with my little sister we are all running Paris Marathon in April so we were swapping training tips and giving injury updates 😊
What’s in store for the rest of my day? Lots of things but I’ll fill you in properly tomorrow.
Discover what Project 35 is all about
Happy birthday to me!
Not sure entirely where the last 34 years have gone. I’ve packed so much in to my life already but the best is yet to come.
I’ve challenged myself to blog something every day about my year ahead in what I’m calling ‘Project 35‘, so let’s see how that goes. Today’s plan is to go to the office as normal, have a few meetings, write a few presentations and then come home and watch a movie and relax. I have The Wolf on Wall Street in my latest Amazon Prime playlist so maybe I’ll watch that. The real celebrations will be this weekend when I get to catch up with friends for a birthday lunch. Can’t wait.
If you’re wondering, my photo was taken on Pocillos beach in Lanzarote. It’s a beautiful spot. And yes, I am wearing clothes – a strapless dress! 🙂
I’ll be back soon,
Steph aka – just for today – The birthday girl